City of Saginaw MI -
- Over 3,400 people ride our buses each day to work, school, medical appointments, shopping, for convenience, to save gas and more.
- STARS is an important partner in economic development. The Authority has over 50 revenue vehicles available that provide basic transportation needs.
- STARS has approximately 68 employees consisting of Bus Operators, Mechanics, Administrative and Support Staff.
- STARS began 'going green' in 2008 by changing our fleet of buses to use "Hybrid" engines, which are environmentally friendly and help to reduce our carbon footprint.
- STARS fare has remained unchanged at $1.25 for over 7 years, unlike the steady increase in the cost of gas. STARS can provide you with a stable transportation alternative that you can rely on.
Fixed Route Service
Fixed route buses travel throughout the area picking up customers at designated bus stops, while following a standard route at scheduled times.
When you use public transportation, you reduce traffic congestion, emissions, and energy. The American Public Transportation Association reports that an individual can save $9,293 annually by commuting via mass transit.
Public transit is the most inexpensive way of getting to Great Lakes Bay Regional Colleges and Universities. Our routes are tailored to Saginaw Valley State University with transfer service available for Delta College. Utilizing public transportation allows students to save money and reduce their impact on the environment.
In addition to being an affordable transportation option, buses also save students, faculty and staff the hassle of campus traffic all while getting drop-off service at the door. STARS is continually working with local colleges and universities to provide the best possible service.
STARS Lift Service
STARS LIFT Service is an effective solution for mobility challenged residents. This service is intended to serve senior citizens and persons with disabilities and help them get around town.
STARS LIFT is a curb-to-curb service designed specifically for individuals who cannot use STARS mainline routes. LIFT passengers with disabilities are eligible for half fares based on criteria as outlined in the applications for STARS Gold card programs.
For more information on Lift Service or for an application, please call (989) 907-4000 or stop by the Operations Center located at 615 Johnson Street.
STARS Public Transportation Takes You There Monday through Friday!
Where To Purchase Passes
Passes and cards must be purchased at the Customer Service window, located at 615 Johnson Street on the Transfer Plaza side of the building. Cash or check only and all purchases are subject to STARS Board Policy F-11, Fare Refund Policy (available to view at the Customer Service window).
|Regular||Gold or Silver Card Holders*|
|Children (42" or shorter):||$0.75||$0.75|
|Regular||Gold Card Holders*|
|Children ( 42" or shorter):||$2.75||$2.75|
Passengers using the Fixed Routes and/or LIFT Services MUST tell the driver if they intend to pay half-fare BEFORE inserting payment, or the fare box will automatically charge the regular fare. Be prepared to present your Gold Card to the driver when boarding.
*discount is specifically for persons over the age of 62, individuals with disabilities or those possessing a Medicare Card. To receive discount, a STARS Silver Card, Gold Card or Medicare Card must be presented upon boarding.
How to pre apply for a water utility account:
Pre application instructions can be found here:Water Billing
SGTV LIVE STREAM:
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) rules have changed. To see how the City of Saginaw is now handling FOIA requests, please visit our new FOIA page.
ROAD CONSTRUCTION:- WEBBER ST. ROAD CLOSURE BETWEEEN E. GENESEE AND RAY
- JANES AVE. LANE CLOSURE BETWEEN S. WARREN AND S. JEFFERSON