virtually due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Saginaw City Council will return to City Hall Council Chambers for their next scheduled meeting on Monday, October 26. The City Council Meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m.
- The public is welcome to attend the meeting; however, in order to comply with all MDHHS social distancing and capacity requirements, the following guidelines will be in place:
- Members of the public may not attend if they have a fever, are showing any symptoms of
- COVID-19, are awaiting COVID-19 testing or test results, or have come in contact with
- anyone that has tested positive for COVID-19 or anyone showing signs of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Protective face coverings are required at all times for those who are in attendance. Masks will be available at the door for anyone entering the building.
- Due to reduced capacity requirements, seating in Council Chambers will be limited. The
- meeting will also be broadcast on a TV in the hallway outside of Council Chambers for
- additional members of the public in attendance.
The City Council meeting agenda can be viewed on the City’s website. Click Here.
Citizens who wish to speak during the Public Input portion of the meeting may call 989.759.1480 or email the City Clerk at email@example.com to request to speak. All Public Input requests must be received by October 26 at 1 pm. Citizens who plan to speak can attend in person; if the room is already at capacity, speakers will be escorted into Council Chambers when it is their turn to speak.
City Manager Tim Morales commented, “We are pleased to be able to conduct live meetings once again, and we recognize the importance of allowing our citizens access to these meetings. My staff and I have met several times with the Mayor and Mayor Pro Tem to discuss the options. We have made changes to the set-up in Council Chambers to make attendance as safe as possible for our elected officials and our citizens. The additional guidelines are in place for the protection of all who are in attendance.”
For more information, please contact the City Manager’s Office at 759-1403.