City of Saginaw MI -
ADMINISTRATIVE GUIDELINES FOR A BLOCK PARTY ON SAGINAW CITY STREETS
- Applications must be submitted at least thirty (30) days prior to the proposed block party.
- NO block party will be approved on major City streets or trunklines or upon streets that are designated City bus routes. Events on major streets may be applied for under a Special Event application.
- A $30.00 non-refundable application processing fee and a $25.00 damage deposit are required upon return of completed application.
- The $25.00 damage deposit will be refunded via mail after return of traffic control devices (i.e. barricades/traffic cones) to the Traffic Engineering Division by date requested.
- Application to hold a block party must be made by a resident of the affected block on forms supplied by the Public Services office.
- In the application, the applicant must agree to hold the City harmless from all damage claims arising out of the block party.
- Evidence of insurance may be required based on the risks to the public and to participants.
- In determining whether or not to issue a permit, the Public Services Director will consider whether the applicant has complied with City ordinances, regulations and permits in staging previous block parties or events.
- All residents and businesses in the affected block must be contacted by the applicant and a 51% majority must be in favor of the block party in order to secure a permit.
- Block parties are permitted only between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. All block parties shall be conducted in such a manner so as not to disturb non-participating residents.
- The applicant must make access arrangements for businesses and residences on the street in addition to maintaining one traffic lane for emergency access and keeping all fire hydrants easily accessible.
- No more than one block shall be closed for any one permitted block party, unless approved by the City Engineer.
- Block party requests are limited to one per applicant per year.
- If the application is approved by the Public Services Director, a permit to hold the block party will be issued. The permit should be displayed on site.
- The permit is issued only for the date and time specified. No alternate dates or times are allowed for inclement weather or other conditions, unless specifically provided for in the permit.
- NO alcoholic beverages will be consumed on City streets or in the public right-of-way.
- NO sound amplifying equipment is permitted without specific prior approval of the City Council.
- If a substantial traffic disruption is anticipated, the Public Services Director may require the applicant to publish a newspaper notice indicating the street to be closed and indicating alternative traffic routes. Publication of such notice shall be at the expense of the applicant.
- Applicant shall be responsible for pick-up, placement, removal and return of traffic control devices (i.e. barricades/traffic cones) to Traffic Engineering by the date stated on the permit in order to receive damage deposit refund and will be held financially responsible for damaged or unreturned items. Only traffic control devices approved by Traffic Engineering may be used.
- Applicant is responsible for clearing all party debris immediately following party. Applicant will be charged if the City is required to clean up debris.
Download Block Party Application
Download Block Party Petition
Download Special Event Application
Download Special Event Rate Sheet
SGTV LIVE STREAM:
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) rules have changed. To see how the City of Saginaw is now handling FOIA requests, please visit our new FOIA page.
ROAD CONSTRUCTION:- S. ALEXANDER STREET ROAD CLOSURE BETWEEN COURT AND MACKINAW
- E. GENESEE AVE. LANE CLOSURE AT ITS INTERSECTION FRANKLIN ST.