The Customer Accounting Division is responsible for the billing of all water and sewer revenue from users of the system. This involves initiating new accounts; insuring that accounts are read edited and billed in a timely manner; as well as closing accounts when requested. The staff handles all payment arrangements, initiation of meter checks, discontinuance for collection and skip tracing.
Water & Sewer Rates
1315 S Washington Ave
Saginaw, MI 48601
Phone - (989) 399-1311
Fax - (989) 759-1467
Office hours for the Treasury, Income Tax, Assessor, Water and Sewer Accounts, and the City Clerk are 8:00 to 4:00 P.M.
Payments are considered received upon receipt. Postmark dates are not accepted as received by the due date for any payment with the exception of income taxes.
Payments deposited in the drop box after 4:00 P.M. will be processed on the next business day.
How do I turn On/Off my Water Service?
Pre-application process for starting service
You can fill out a pre application by clicking here.
- Either fill out the application online, and save and then email the application to email@example.com
- You can also either fill it out online or print it and fill out by hand and then return via fax, mail or in person to:City Hall, First Floor1315 S Washington AveSaginaw, MI 48601Phone - (989) 399-1311Fax - (989) 759-1467
Turning Water/Sewer Service On
- Apply in person at City Hall, Room 105, Water/Sewer Counter with a valid Picture ID, Driver's License or passport.
- There will be a minimum deposit of $150.
Turning Off Water/Sewer Service
- Come in to City Hall, Room 105, Water/Sewer Counter or Call 399-1311.
- You will be asked to provide picture ID or verify account information.
- Deposit will either be refunded or applied to final bill.
What are the late fees and when are they applied?
Your bill is PAST DUE If payment has not been received by 4:00 p.m. on the due date of your bill, at which time a 10% penalty will be applied.
How do I have my Water/Sewer service restored?
You must pay all amounts past due including all late fees plus a $52.00 Reconnect Fee by CASH, CASHIERS CHECK or MONEY ORDER. Reconnect of service is done on a first come, first served basis, someone 18 years of age or older MUST be present for restoration of service.
Why are there previous balances on some properties?
Previous balances occur when services are turned off or the final bill is not paid. This balance stays with the property unless the delinquent account owner can be located. After one year this amount is added to the summer property taxes.
Can I view and pay my water bill online?
Yes, you can view and pay water bills, usage history, late & administrative fees, and outstanding balances online using the City's SONAR system.
- Use the search engine to locate your property
- Click on the link to Utility Information at the top left of the screen.
- Click on "Pay my Bill"