City of Saginaw MI -
NEW FIREWORKS REGULATIONS IN THE CITY OF SAGINAW FOR 2019
Fireworks within the City of Saginaw are NOT on public or school property including streets, sidewalks or parks.
Violation of the ordinance may be subject up to a $1000 fine.
Call 911 to report fireworks violations.
Please read warning labels before using any fireworks violations.
The Saginaw Fire Department provides the following Fireworks Safety Tips:
- Know your fireworks; Read the warning labels and performance descriptions before igniting.
- Have a designated shooter to organize and shoot your family show.
- Alcohol and fireworks do not mix. Save your alcohol for after the show.
- Parents and caretakers should always closely supervise teens if they are using fireworks. Parents should not allow young children to handle or use fireworks.
- Fireworks should only be used outdoors.
- Always have water ready if you are shooting fireworks.
- Wear safety glasses whenever using fireworks.
- Never relight a dud firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water. Soak spent fireworks in water before placing them in an outdoor garbage can.
- Never attempt to alter or modify consumer fireworks and use them only in the manner in which they were intended.
- Report illegal explosives, like M-80s and quarter sticks, to the Fire or Police Departments.
- Please be considerate of your neighbors and pets.
For more information, please contact Ralph Martin, Fire Marshal at 989 759-1374.
For More Fireworks Safety please visit:
SGTV LIVE STREAM:
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) rules have changed. To see how the City of Saginaw is now handling FOIA requests, please visit our new FOIA page.
ROAD CONSTRUCTION:- GALLAGHER ST. LANE CLOSURE BETWEEN PARKWOOD AND PRESCOTT
- TRAFFIC LIGHT OUT MACKINAW ST. AT CONGRESS AVE.