"Our mission is to advocate for the rights of victims throughout the criminal justice process; coordinate law enforcement efforts, address victim needs with service provisions and strengthen the community we serve."
The Victim Services Unit (VSU) is comprised of a Victim Services Unit Coordinator and two victim advocates. Our primary focus involves service provision to individuals affected by crime and crisis circumstances in an effort to reduce the impact of trauma and enhance the ability for individuals to rebuild their lives. Through the VSU, individuals receive services inclusive of:
- Assistance with exercising constitutional and/or statutory rights
- Assistance with establishing and maintaining personal safety
- Assistance with Crime Victim Compensation
- Referrals to community agencies
- Education and emotional support through the criminal justice process
- Ensuring continuity of services between department/agencies.
Local News story regarding Victim Services Unit
Click here to watch the video.
Please see the attached videos in the links below. They are a fantastic testament to Saginaw, our community partnerships, and the Saginaw PD
VSU Contact Information
Victim Services Specialist
612 Federal Ave.
Saginaw MI 48607
follow us: facebook.com/Saginaw-Police-Department | https://twitter.com/SaginawMI_PD