City of Saginaw MI -
Water/Sewer Customer Accounting
The Customer Accounting Division is responsible for the billing of all water and sewer revenue from users of the system. This involves initiating new accounts; insuring that accounts are read edited and billed in a timely manner; as well as closing accounts when requested. The staff handles all payment arrangements, initiation of meter checks, discontinuance for collection and skip tracing.
NOTE: THIS OFFICE DOES NOT ACCEPT MONTHLY PAYMENTS. Payments are accepted in the City Treasurers' Office and online.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q. How do I turn On/Off my Water Service?
Turning Water/Sewer Service On
- Apply in person at City Hall, Room 105, Water/Sewer Counter with a valid Picture ID, Driver's License or passport.
- There will be a minimum deposit of $100.
- Come in to City Hall, Room 105, Water/Sewer Counter or Call 399-1311.
- You will be asked to provide picture ID or verify account information.
- Deposit will either be refunded or applied to final bill.
- Q.What are the late fees and when are they applied?
- A.If you bill has not been paid by the date due printed on your bill, a 10% late fee will be assessed on the current month's assessment.
- Q.How do I have my Water/Sewer service restored?
Come in to City Hall, Room 105, Water/Sewer Counter
- All amounts past due including all late fees plus reconnect fees must be paid by cash, cashiers check or money order after 10:00 am and before 2:00 pm for same day reconnect.
- Reconnect Fees: $26.00 for service termination and $26.00 for service reactivation for a total of $52.00 in reconnect fees.
- Someone 18 or older must be present at the property when services are restored.
- Q.Why are there previous balances on some properties?
- A.Previous balances occur when services are turned off or the final bill is not paid. This balance stays with the property unless the delinquent account owner can be located. After one year this amount is added to the summer property taxes.
- Q.Can I view and pay my water bill online?
Yes, you can view and pay water bills, usage history, late & administrative fees, and outstanding balances online using the City's SONAR system.
- Use the search engine to locate your property
- Click on the link to Utility Information at the top left of the screen.
- Click on "Pay my Bill"
Water & Sewer Rates
City Hall, First Floor
1315 S Washington Ave
Saginaw, MI 48601
Phone - (989) 399-1311
Fax - (989) 759-1467
Office hours for the Treasury, Income Tax, Assessor, Water and Sewer Accounts, and the City Clerk are 8:00 to 4:00 P.M.
Payments are considered received upon receipt. Postmark dates are not accepted as received by the due date for any payment with the exception of income taxes.
Payments deposited in the drop box after 4:00 P.M. will be processed on the next business day.
Subscribe to our Email Newsletter Today
LIGHT UP THE CITY
The 'Light Up the City' initiative is a community outreach action plan working toward crime prevention through community participation. The initiative provides leadership from law enforcement and unites partners with community organizations; local residents, politicians, healthcare organizations, educators, housing organizations and other stake holders.
PUBLIC SAFETY INCIDENT SIGNUP:
Rental Property owners can now sign up for notifications of public safety incidents that happen at their rental units.
Find it on our Signup page
ROAD CONSTRUCTION:- N. Michigan Ave. NB Lane Closure Between Court And Hancock
- Traffic Improvements On N. Michigan Ave. At Cooper Ave. And At Houghton Ave.