City of Saginaw MI -
City of Saginaw Police Department
612 Federal Ave.
Saginaw, MI 48607
To build relationships within our diverse and vibrant community to meet the challenges of reducing crime; to help our citizens feel safe; and to render the highest ethical standards demanded of professional law enforcement.
We recognize our responsibility to better the lives of those in our community and will provide quality support and resources to all persons in need. Our collaboration with citizens and community partners creates meaningful relationships that sustain a safe environment for all.
As a professional organization, we believe in the dignity of all people and respect individual and constitutional rights. We are dedicated to upholding the public trust, by serving our community with integrity, professionalism and individual leadership that embraces diversity and open communication, in the pursuit of excellence.
To accomplish our Mission and Vision, we, the Saginaw Police Department value:
- We will treat all citizens with respect and professionalism.
- We take pride in our work and in our dedication to public service.
- We believe that all citizens are equal regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, or disability and shall be treated with dignity.
- We shall do what is right, not because it gives us recognition, but because it is the right thing to do.
- We believe that it is important for all citizens to have access to the Saginaw Police Department.
- We will seek continual input from our citizens to ensure the quality of life within the community is at the highest of standards.
- We will seek input from our employees to render efficient service and improve satisfaction.
- We will conduct ourselves in a manner that is consistent with the standards of our Mission, Vision and Value Statements.
- We will hold each other accountable for our actions and continue to provide quality services to our community.
- We shall maintain the trust and respect of those whom we serve.
- We will engage in continuous education about different cultures and people within our community.
- We will engage our community partners to participate in the education of our officers, to provide resources and services essential for the safety and healing of victims.
Leadership:• We will utilize innovative trainings and consistent collaboration with our community partners, to provide our team with the best education and resources available. • We will engage in strategic planning and implementation of innovative law enforcement technologies. • We will encourage and support others in leadership roles within our community. • We will strive to resolve conflicts and embrace challenges.
- We will strive for personal and professional excellence.
- We will continually develop and embrace relationships with our citizens, community leaders and community partners, to keep our community safe.
- We will find innovative ways to enhance our service to the community.
View the City of Saginaw Police Department Crime Map.
Accidents reports may be obtained on-line at Lexis Nexis Police Reports
Patrol Operations is the forefront of professional public service delivery. They serve as a channel of information to other interdepartmental divisions, city departments, and the community. Patrol Operations oversees uniformed patrol and supports a variety of other departments, including: Traffic, Canine Unit, the Emergency Services Team (EST), the Police Reserve Unit, and the Honor Guard.
The Saginaw Police Department's Patrol Services Bureau provides the citizens of Saginaw with a safe environment through the appointment of qualified, experienced and highly professional personnel.
The Patrol Division is a 24-hour, 365-day operation. The Watch Commander (Lieutenant) oversees rotating 12 hour day and night shifts. You can reach the watch commander at 759-1297. Eight patrol sergeants act under the direct supervision of the Lieutenant:
Lt. Craig Bell
Sgt. S. Gass
Sgt. M. Gerow
Sgt. M. Scott
Sgt. J. Walny
Sgt. D. Meehleder
Sgt. K. Schmidt
Sgt. M. Ward
Sgt. S. Woodcock
The Saginaw Police Department follows a "Same Cop/Same Neighborhood" approach to crime reduction, in which Sergeants supervise officers assigned to 1 of 4 quadrants throughout the City of Saginaw. Officers attend monthly meetings with neighborhood associations and District Police Advisory Councils (DPACS), during which the Chief and Community Police Officers meet with citizens of the community to discuss issues and develop unique problem-solving techniques in order to make our neighborhoods safer. This creation of a partnership involving citizens and businesses has afforded the city of Saginaw great progress and direction in its effort to cut down on crime.
The front desk serves as an information center to assist citizens who require general information or who want to report a non-emergency incident. Desk hours are Monday through Thursday from 9:00 am to 4 pm. Calls after 4pm will go to an answering machine. Staff will respond on the next working day.
Anyone needing assistance regarding impounded vehicles outside of normal desk hours may call the Saginaw County Central Dispatch non-emergency number.
Phone: (989) 797-4580
Canine (K-9) Unit
The Saginaw Police Department has four canines in its division: Kilo, Canjo, Cigon, and Mitch. These canines are handled by Officers Robert Adams, Doug Stacer, Brad Holp, and Johnathan Beyerlien respectively. As seasoned crime fighters, our canines do a variety of things to help the department, such as suspect tracking, searching for missing or lost children, locating drugs, and conducting building searches. As ambassadors for the Saginaw Police Department, our canines also show off their talents performing and entertaining citizens both locally and nationally at schools and other venues.
Emergency Services Team (EST)
The Emergency Services Team (EST), commonly known as S.W.A.T., is a highly trained multi-jurisdictional unit. It is comprised of 15 officers specifically trained in tactical operations and arrest procedures. Activation of the team occurs when high- risk situations arise. High-risk activation may consist of a barricaded gunman and/or hostage situation, an encounter with a sniper, execution of high-risk search warrants, the need for V.I.P. security, and/or for rescue operations.
The Saginaw Police Department's Traffic Section works diligently to enforce traffic laws, educate the public in traffic safety, and investigate serious injury accidents. The Traffic Section uses marked patrol cars with radar, laser and video camera systems to provide a safe driving environment to thousands of motorists who use our city streets annually. Public education occurs through a variety of traffic safety programs and the department's annual traffic safety campaign, which are designed to reduce drunken driving incidents and increase safety belt and child safety seat use.
Phone: 989 759-1439
The Mobile Mini-Station is a thirty-two foot Cruisemaster mobile home converted into a traveling police station. The unit is equipped with telephones, computers and radios. It affords the Saginaw Police Department the capability to station personnel in "hot spots" throughout the city on an ‘as needed' basis to suppress crime and restore peace to neighborhoods. The unit also serves as a command center for community disasters. The Mobile Mini-Station provides support to neighborhood and community groups for events such as bicycle registrations, parades, and child fingerprinting and identification.
Subscribe to our Email Newsletter Today
How to pre apply for a water utility account:
Pre application instructions can be found here:Water Billing
SGTV LIVE STREAM:
Learn more about MMWA 1 step recycling :watch the new 1 step recycling video on youtube now
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) rules have changed. To see how the City of Saginaw is now handling FOIA requests, please visit our new FOIA page.
ROAD CONSTRUCTION:- CITY OF SAGINAW STREET CLOSURES
- BROCKWAY STREET REHABILITATION PROJECT PASSOLT STREET TO GRATIOT AVENUE (M-46)