City of Saginaw MI -
The City’s Pyrotechnics and Consumer Fireworks Ordinance allows for the use of consumer fireworks the day preceding, the day of, and the day after a national holiday. Residents are asked to comply with the City’s ordinance, and to be considerate of neighbors and safety while celebrating. For more information, please contact Debbie Powell, Public Information Office, at 989 759-1403.
The Saginaw Fire Department provides the following Fireworks Safety Tips:
- Know your fireworks; Read the warning labels and performance descriptions before igniting.
- Have a designated shooter to organize and shoot your family show.
- Alcohol and fireworks do not mix. Save your alcohol for after the show.
- Parents and caretakers should always closely supervise teens if they are using fireworks. Parents should not allow young children to handle or use fireworks.
- Fireworks should only be used outdoors.
- Always have water ready if you are shooting fireworks.
- Wear safety glasses whenever using fireworks.
- Never relight a dud firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water. Soak spent fireworks in water before placing them in an outdoor garbage can.
- Never attempt to alter or modify consumer fireworks and use them only in the manner in which they were intended.
- Report illegal explosives, like M-80s and quarter sticks, to the Fire or Police Departments.
For More Fireworks Safety please visit:
Subscribe to our Email Newsletter Today
Enhanced Law Enforcement Response to Victims Initiative:
The Saginaw Police Department is one of only three law enforcement agencies in the country that has been selected to participate in a unique program designed to help reduce crime, support victims, and enhance public safety. We ask that the residents of Saginaw participate in this anonymous survey being conducted by Saginaw Valley State University. Your participation will help the City of Saginaw Police Department expand its capacity to meet the needs of crime victims, and broaden those services where a need is indicated. This short survey is available online at the following button:
How to pre apply for a water utility account:
Pre application instructions can be found here:Water Billing
SGTV LIVE STREAM:
Learn more about MMWA 1 step recycling :watch the new 1 step recycling video on youtube now
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) rules have changed. To see how the City of Saginaw is now handling FOIA requests, please visit our new FOIA page.
ROAD CONSTRUCTION:There are no planned construction projects to display at this time.