City of Saginaw MI -
The function of this division is to protect the general health, safety and welfare of the public administering and enforcing the City's building, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, housing and general codes and other ordinances. The division is also responsible for aspects of the Zoning Code, historical issues and the dangerous building program. In combination, these efforts are designed to enhance the quality of life for residents, fight blight and to eliminate unsafe living conditions.
Headed by the Chief Building Inspector and includes:
- Building Inspector
- Electrical Inspector
- Mechanical Inspector
- Plumbing Inspector
- The City's mechanical & Plumbing Inspectors are the same person.
Sign Permit Application
Application for Moving Permit
Permit Fee Table
- Site Plan Review - (Commercial / Industrial Property Requirement) - Planning Commission Meeting (4th Tuesday of each Month)
- Plan Review - (Commercial / Industrial Property Requirement) - After P.C. approval, the building, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical inspectors review the plans in preparation for the permitting process.
- Building permit
- Plumbing permit
- Electrical permit
- Mechanical permit
Housing Inspections is headed by the Chief Building Inspector and Includes Code Enforcement Inspectors & Code Enforcement Specialists as well as a DBO Officer. Code Enforcement Inspectors & Code Enforcement Specialists Their primary responsibility is to inspect all the registered rental property in the City of Saginaw. City and State authorities provide the standards to which the codes are established to protect the health and safety of the occupants,
The secondary function is to inspect complaints that are generated by the City Clerk's Office, This would include such things as:
- No heat, no water in a rental
- Unregistered Rentals
- No smoke alarms
- Parking on the lawn
If a resident of the City of Saginaw proposes to rent their property, the proper sequence is as follows:
Complete a seperate NonOwner Occupied Residence Form for each location to be registered. Please return application and a photo copy of the owner or applicant's driver's license or state identification card to:City of Saginaw
City Clerk's Office
1315 S. Washington
Saginaw, Michigan 48601
Initial registration payment is due upon return of application. Make checks payable to the City of Saginaw Treasurer. Renewal fees are due each year by March 15th; there is a 100% penalty for late payments. Schedule an inspection appointment by visiting Room 208 at City Hall or calling 399-1311.. When the unit complies, it may be rented.
Any updates in mailing address/contact information must be submitted directly to the City Clerk's Office.
DBO - Dangerous Building Ordinance
- Inspects and catalogs all properties that are abandoned, partially destroyed by fire or neglect
- Prepares them for rehabilitation or demolition through the proper channels
- Handles complaints regarding homeless individuals in abandoned buildings
- Complaints of drug dealing and gang activity in abandoned buildings
- Emergency fire demolition
Telephone: (989) 399-1311
Fax: (989) 759-1592
Permitting Hours:Monday through Friday
8:00 am - 9:00 am
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
* Permit Hours change between April & September, please contact office for permitting hours during these times.
Subscribe to our Email Newsletter Today
SGTV LIVE STREAM:
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) rules have changed. To see how the City of Saginaw is now handling FOIA requests, please visit our new FOIA page.
ROAD CONSTRUCTION:- DAVENPORT AVE. / M-58 LANE SHIFT AT ITS INTERSECTION N. OAKLEY ST.